Are you one of those people who reflects on 2017 with a sigh and an eye roll, hoping that maybe 2018 will be better? Did you end your 2015 and 2016 the same way? It’s February 2018. It’s time to stop “hoping” for a better year and time to start creating it. Now, I’m not talking about New Year’s resolutions. I haven’t had one of those stick…well…ever. I am talking about creating the 2018 you want by being intentional every single day. How do you want to feel? What do you want to experience? How do you want to interact with others? What do you want to accomplish? Don’t live your life in default mode for one more minute. Design the life you want through your intentions.
Five things you can do to be more intentional in 2018:
- Wake up each morning and decide how you want to feel. Be deliberate in your actions throughout your day to align with the feeling you want to feel. If you find that something you are doing is not aligning with how you want to feel, change it.
- Create a vision board. A vision board is not just a collection of pictures on a board, it is a tool to help you clarify and visualize your greatest wants and desires. Look at your vision board often and feel what it would feel like to have those things in your life.
- Take ownership over your life. Design your life the way you want it and then be intentional in your actions to bring forth your desired results. No one is going to map out your dream life for you, nor should they. Be the author of your own story. The next chapter can be whatever you want it to be.
- Focus your energy on the possibilities instead of on the fear-inducing “what ifs”. Energy flows where your focus goes. Do you want to focus on what you want to create in 2018, or do you want to focus on all the things that are holding you back from creating the life you want in 2018 which will do just that…hold you back.
- Feel it and believe it. Believe that everything you want is possible because if you don’t believe it, no one else will either. Feeling and believing that everything you want is possible…or better yet, is already yours…is the quickest way to making it a reality. Just ask the “Law of Attraction”.
It’s only February. You still have plenty of time in 2018 to make this your best year yet. Don’t spend one more minute waiting for the life you want to happen to you, go out and create it! If you’re not sure where to begin, give Lucinda Testo, MS, LPC a call to schedule a free consultation for Life Coaching!
By Lucinda Testo